Let me introduce you to God`s Army Ministries
God`s Army Ministries
(NPO Registration Number 205-676)
God`s Army Ministries started with these two verses:
Matthew 28:19-20 – Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and know, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
This is a direct command from Jesus and we need to act on this! This led to the forming of God`s Army Ministries!
God`s Army Ministries is a registered non-profit organization that was established in August of 2015. It was started when we identified a need that was experienced by our South African Irish Regiment, part of the South African National Defense Force, troops that was on pre-deployment training. We have since gotten involved in several other ministries as well.
Our Track Record
During the recent past we have achieved to following:
- We visited Magalies Girls and Boys Town on a monthly basis and ministered to them by preaching the Word and giving them spiritual and emotional support. We also assist them to deal with their current situation as well as future challenges. We are working towards them becoming more productive and responsible citizens.
- A total of 45 Bibles were supplied to the young men at Magalies Boys Town. The previous year we managed to supply them with 60 Bibles as well.
- In cooperation with local motorcycle clubs we help a “braai day” for the boys at Boys Town. They also received gift packs that was donated by these motorcycle clubs. We have also done several “braai day” and “potjiekos days” for them.
- We supplied toiletries to the young men at Magalies Boys Town.
- We also managed to assist the boys from Boys Town with stationery donations for the school year.
- A total of 120 Bibles were supplied to SAIR members going on deployment. Previously we supplied 100 for one of their previous deployments as well as about 30 Bibles to the admin staff at the unit.
- We managed to get full time employment of one of the homeless people we met during one of our Krugersdorp Outreaches.
- We were also involved with a like-minded organization, spreading the Word as well as food parcels to the people living on the street.
- We also did an outreach to HTS N Diedricks. During the outreach we spoke to the young men on life skills and values. We also spend time with them and supported then with prayer and emotional support.
The mission of God`s Army Ministries is to spread the Word of God, to make disciples and to assist those in need as far as we can both on a spiritual and physical level.
We will be distributing Bible when and where possible. In addition to that we will maintain a “food bank” from where we can assist those in need. We will also be planning a major “Christmas” drive where we intend to distribute food parcels to the homeless in the Florida / Rodepoort / Krugersdorp area as well as anywhere that we identify the need.
Our constitution is based on the Bible and biblical pricipals. The Constitution is the policy document we use to manage God`s Army Ministries. All our there documents, procedures and policies are based on the Constitution.
GAM will be managed as a church organization.
This will be done by the Board of Directors.
The board consists of:
- Vice Chairman
The Board is elected during our annual AGM.
God`s Army Ministries consists of the Board members and will be assisted by the members of Wolf Clan MCC as well as other volunteers. All staff are volunteers and will receive no compensation, but will only be reimbursed for actual, pre-approved, expenses.
- The financial year will run from 1 March to 28/29 February of the following year.
- Records are kept of all financial transactions.
- A bank account was opened for the managing of all funds.
- We have developed a financial policy to assist us in running the finances according to well established and acceptable best practices.
- Any person with due reason will be allowed access to any and all financial records.
For more information you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries and we will respond as soon as possible. Also see contact details on our “Contact us” page.